Argentinian officials have warned people not to consume a specific product line due to the risk of botulism.
The National Administration of Drugs, Foods and Medical Devices (ANMAT) said a suspected case of botulism has been associated with a product of the A Pleno brand, produced in Villa de las Rosas.
No official details were given about the sick person but local station Radio Verdad was told the patient was 47-years old and remained in the hospital in a serious condition after eating an expired A Pleno product.
The General Directorate of Control of the Food Industry in Córdoba and agencies in the areas of Villa de las Rosas and Villa Dolores are involved in the investigation.
ANMAT advised people not to eat any A Pleno branded products, which include peanut butter and cheese spread alternatives, and told traders to stop selling them.
Another outbreak in Argentina in Misiones earlier this year affected up to 18 people with two deaths. It was linked to homemade sausages made from wild animal meat that were shared in the community.