Matvælastofnun warns against the consumption of one production batch of Nina crushed melon seeds due to foreign substances that Fiska.is imports and sells in its store. The company has, in consultation with the health authorities of Garðabær, Hafnarfjörður, Kópavog, Mosfellsbær and Seltjarnarnes (HEF), recalled the product.
The notification was first received by Matvælastofnun through the European warning system RASFF about dangerous food and feed on the market.
The recall only applies to the following production batches:
- Brand: Nina international
- Product name: Ground Egushi 227 gr
- Best before: 1/1/2024
- Net quantity: 227 g
- Storage conditions: Dry product
- Manufacturer: Nina International, 3717 West St, Landover, MD 20785, USA
- Country of manufacture: Ghana
- Importer: Fiska.is Nýbýlavegi 6 200 Kópavogur
Consumers who have purchased the product are advised not to consume it, discard or return it to a Fiska.is store and receive a refund.