UK – Girl, 3, left ‘lifeless’ after seemingly ‘contracting salmonella from Kinder Egg’

LBC

A “heartbroken” mum has claimed her three-year-old daughter was left looking “dead behind the eyes” after she seemingly contracted salmonella from a Kinder Surprise egg.

Charlotte Elizabeth Wingfield issued a warning on Facebook to other parents after her daughter Brooklyn-Mai fell ill whilst at nursery, with her temperature soaring to 39C.

It comes after thousands of Kinder Surprise chocolate eggs were recalled from shelves due to fears of a salmonella link, with more than 60 cases detected – mainly in children – in the UK.

Ms Wingfield claims her toddler was left “lifeless” after eating a Kinder Surprise egg last weekend.

“She slept for 21 out of the following 24 hours & then kept falling asleep as she was doing things,” she wrote on Facebook.

“Her temperature spiked to over 39° & I struggled to disturb her. I knew something wasn’t right & spoke to the gp who ran through a list of what it could be alongside a hospital visit.”

Following a hospital visit, Ms Wingfield said her daughter was diagnosed with salmonella and has been unwell ever since.

“Pleaseee check your chocolate dates & throw them if they fit the recall description,” the mother pleaded on Facebook.

Read More at the link above.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s