On February 22, the Spanish Agency for Food Safety and Nutrition informed the Autonomous Communities throughthe Coordinated System for the Rapid Exchange of Information (SCIRI) of an alert notification sent by the health authorities of the Autonomous Community of Madrid regarding the possible presence of Cronobacter sakazakii and Salmonella Newport in two special infant formulas.
The ABBOTT company has clarified that the batch numbers indicated in the initial notification appear on the boxes of 6 cans. On the other hand, the last digit does not appear on the cans. A photograph of how the lot appears in both cases is attached.
The updated data of the product involved are:
SIMILAC FOOD 400g. Lots:
- BOXLOTS 25659Z261 (expiry 01 2023); lots IN CAN 25659Z26 (expiry 01 2023)
- BOXLOTS 28123Z261 (expiry 04 2023); lots IN CAN 28123Z26 (expiry 04 2023)
- BOXLOTS 30283Z262 (expiry 06 2023); lots IN CAN 30283Z26 (expiry 06 2023)
- BOXLOTS 31410Z204 (expiry 07 2023); lots IN CAN 31410Z20 (expiry 07 2023)
- BOX-LOTS 33688Z201 (expiry 09 2023); lots IN CAN 33688Z20 (expiry 09 2023)
SIMILAC ELECARE 400g. Lots:
- BOXED lots: 25557Z203 (expiry 07 2022); lots IN CAN: 25557Z20 (expiry 07 2022)
- BOXED lots: 30374Z202 (expiry 12 2022); lots IN CAN: 30374Z20 (expiry 12 2022)
With the information available there is NO record in Spain of any reported case associated with this alert.
People who have products affected by this alert at home are recommended to refrain from consuming them and return them to the point of purchase.