USA – Man Dead After Eating Raw Oyster at Seafood Restaurant in Dania Beach: Vibrio

NBC Miami

A man is dead after contracting a bacterial infection from eating a raw oyster at the Rustic Inn Crabhouse in Dania Beach, according to the Sun Sentinel.

His death was traced to the bacteria, Vibrio, which is typically found in raw or undercooked seafood, like oysters.

According to the Sun Sentinel, the manager of the Rustic Inn, Gary Oreal, said the man who died was a former employee who had dined there earlier this month when the restaurant served as many as 100 dozen oysters. He was the only person who became sick.

“He had that one in a billion that was bad,” Oreal told the Sun Sentinel. “I feel horrible.”

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s