Hong Kong – Not to consume a kind of French raw milk goat’s cheese suspected to be contaminated with Salmonella
Food Alerts / Allergy Alerts
Not to consume a kind of French raw milk goat’s cheese suspected to be contaminated with salmonella
|Source of Information
||Rapid Alert System for Food and Feed (RASFF) of the European Commission
||A kind of raw milk goat’s cheese imported from France
|Product Name and Description
||Product name: Picodon Aop
Batch numbers: 12260610, 13260610, 14260610, 15260610, 16260610
Place of origin: France
Importer: Le Quinze Vins Limited
|Reason For Issuing Alert
- The Centre for Food Safety (CFS) received a notification from the Rapid Alert System for Food and Feed (RASFF) of the European Commission that the above-mentioned raw milk goat’s cheese sample was found by the French manufacturer to have been contaminated with salmonella. The manufacturer concerned has initiated a recall locally.
- According to the information provided by the RASFF, some of the affected products have been imported into Hong Kong.
|Action Taken by the Centre for Food Safety
- Upon learning of the incident, the CFS immediately contacted the local importer concerned for follow-up.
- A preliminary investigation found that the above-mentioned importer had imported the above batches of the product, and some of them were sold. Upon notification by the exporter concerned earlier, the importer has already stopped sale of the affected product, initiated a recall and destroyed the remaining product.
- The CFS has alerted the trade to the incident, will continue to follow up and take appropriate action.
|Advice to the Trade
||Stop using or selling the product concerned immediately if they possess it.
|Advice to Consumers
||Not to consume the affected batches of the product if they have bought any.
||The CFS press release
Members of the public may call the importer’s hotline at 2329 8028 during office hours for enquiries about the recall.
Centre for Food Safety
Food and Environmental Hygiene Department
This entry was posted in CFS
, food contamination
, Food Hazard
, Food Hygiene
, Food Inspections
, Food Micro Blog
, Food Microbiology
, Food Microbiology Blog
, Food Microbiology Testing
, Food Pathogen
, food recall
, Food Safety
, Food Safety Alert
, Food Testing
, Food Toxin
, Food Virus
, Raw Milk
, raw milk cheese
. Bookmark the permalink