Latest Outbreak Information
- Since the last update on October 23, 2020, one ill person was added to this investigation.
- Epidemiologic evidence shows that deli meat is a likely source of this outbreak.
- In interviews with 10 ill people, all reported eating Italian-style meats, such as salami, mortadella, and prosciutto. They reported purchasing prepackaged deli meats and meats sliced at deli counters at various locations.
- Investigators are working to identify a specific type of deli meat or a common supplier.
- Deli meats, also called lunch meat or cold cuts, can have Listeria bacteria. Always follow food safety steps to prevent getting sick from Listeria in deli meats, even when there are no ongoing outbreaks