In the second half of the year alone, Singapore has seen a series of food poisonings, with threethis month.
In July, about 200 students of CHIJ Secondary (Toa Payoh) had symptoms of food poisoning, including diarrhoea and abdominal pain.
None of the affected students was hospitalised and most returned to school soon after, said the school’s principal Karen Tay.
Last month, days before the A-level examinations, about 200 Raffles Institution students showed symptoms of food poisoning after a buffet prepared by an external caterer.
Most of the affected students were in Year 6 and had symptoms such as diarrhoea and stomachache. One student was hospitalised.
In the past three weeks, over 400 people fell ill after consuming catered food.