India – Around 100 MIT-ADT students hospitalised for food poisoning

Pune Mirror

Soon after lunch in the institute’s mess on Tuesday, they complained of vomiting, diarrhoea

In a shocking case of food poisoning, as many as 100 students of MIT-ADT University in Loni Kalbhor complained of diarrhoea, vomiting and stomachache after they consumed meals served in the institute’s mess on Tuesday. Most of the students have been admitted to Vishwaraj Hospital in the area for their complications that developed after eating lunch.

As per routine, engineering students and pupils of the Maharashtra Academy of Naval Education and Training (MANET) and International School of Broadcasting and Journalism (ISBJ) went to eat their lunch in the mess. They consumed dal, rice, chapatti, peas and gulab jamun for sweets. Around 4 pm, some of the pupils started complaining of vomiting and diarrhoea. This number slowly started increasing. This was when seniors started admitting junior students to the hospital.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s