Hong Kong – Smoked Norwegian Salmon Slices with Dill – Listeria monocytogenes
CFS urges public not to consume a kind of prepackaged chilled smoked salmon suspected to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes
|Source of Information
||The Centre for Food Safety – Routine Food Surveillance Programme
||Prepackaged chilled smoked salmon
|Product Name and Description
||Product name: Smoked Norwegian Salmon Slices with Dill
Place of origin: Hong Kong
Net weight: 100 grams per pack
Use-by date: All batches on or after June 25, 2022
Distributor: Polyfood Service Co. Ltd
|Reason For Issuing Alert
- The Centre for Food Safety (CFS) collected the above-mentioned smoked salmon sample from an online shop for testing under its routine Food Surveillance Programme. The test result showed the presence of Listeria monocytogenes in 25 grams of the sample, exceeding the standard of the Microbiological Guidelines for Food which states that Listeria monocytogenes should not be detected in 25 grams of food.
|Action Taken by the Centre for Food Safety
- The CFS has informed the manufacturer concerned of the test result and instructed it to stop sale and remove from shelves the affected product, and initiate a recall.
- The CFS visited the concerned production facilities immediately for investigation and instructed the management to perform cleansing and disinfection.
- The CFS will alert the trade to the incident, and will continue to follow up and take appropriate action. Investigation is ongoing.
|Advice to the Trade
- Stop using or selling the product concerned immediately if they possess it.
|Advice to Consumers
- Not to consume the affected product if they have bought any.
|| The CFS press release
For enquiries about the recall, members of the public may call the manufacturer at 2898 9962/ 6366 0067 during office hours.
(For reference only)
Centre for Food Safety
Food and Environmental Hygiene Department
This entry was posted in food contamination
, food handler
, Food Hazard
, Food Hygiene
, Food Inspections
, Food Micro Blog
, Food Microbiology
, Food Microbiology Blog
, Food Microbiology Testing
, Food Pathogen
, food recall
, Food Safety
, Food Safety Alert
, Food Testing
, Listeria monocytogenes
. Bookmark the permalink