Food poisoning in school: At least 15 girl students of a residential school in Uttar Pradesh’s Saharanpur district were admitted to a community health centre following complaints of vomiting and uneasiness, a senior official said on Monday.
The incident took place on Sunday at the Kasturba Gandhi Residential School in Mehngi village, District Magistrate Akhilesh Singh said. Among the 15, condition of three was stated to be serious, he said, adding prima facie it appears to be a case of food poisoning.
A magisterial probe has been ordered into the matter by Additional District Magistrate, Administration, Chief Medical Officer and district basic education officer. The team of officers will give their report within 48 hours, the DM said.