Creamy Almond Ready to eat vegan sauce
Detection of Clostridium botulinum
Toxins in food that are produced by Clostridium botulinum bacteria can cause severe poisoning (food botulism), which can be life-threatening. Already a few hours after consumption, paralysis can begin, which manifests itself as blurred vision, double vision, photophobia, swallowing disorders and dry mouth. The paralysis can progressively affect the respiratory and heart muscles. Possible early symptoms are headache, diarrhea and vomiting.
People who have consumed the affected food and develop symptoms within 36 hours of consumption should seek medical treatment immediately and suspect food botulism. Early diagnosis and treatment can save lives. Seeking preventive medical treatment without symptoms does not make sense.
The product was marketed through two retail outlets in Frankfurt am Main and one retail outlet in Berlin. All customers who had purchased the product online were informed individually by the company by email.
Further information can be found in the enclosed customer information.