At least 70 MBBS students staying at the Osmania Medical College hostel, Koti, suffered from food poisoning, and of them, 30 were admitted to Gandhi Hospital for treatment.
The students had consumed food provided by a private caterer on the campus. Condition of the 30 medicos was stable and they were expected to be discharged on Wednesday.
College principal P. Shashikala said the students were dehydrated and hence, hospitalised as a precautionary measure. “We are investigating the matter. Food samples have been sent to the Institute of Preventive Medicine (IPM) for examination. Blood and stool samples are being checked in our college,” Dr Shashikala said.