At least 76 residents of a village in the Paderu ITDA (Integrated Tribal Development Agency) limits suffered food poisoning on Wednesday after consuming contaminated meat. The incident occurred in Magatapalem village of Gaduturu panchayat, in Gangaraju Madugula mandal of the Paderu Agency region.
While it was ascertained that the meat was contaminated, he said that it was unclear whether it was because of the way the cow died, or because of the cooking process.
Paderu MLA Bhagyalakshmi Kottagulli, who visited the patients at the hospital, told the media that the exact cause of the food-borne illness was yet to be determined. “They unknowingly ate polluted food. We are requesting people to be careful with their health.”