Malaysia – Terengganu ‘puding buih’ food poisoning case claims first victim

Malay Mail

KUALA TERENGGANU, June 3 — A victim of the puding buih food poisoning incident in Terengganu has died at the Sultanah Nur Zahirah Hospital (HSNZ), said state Health director Dr Nor Azimi Yunus.

He said the 25-year-old woman, who was admitted to the hospital on May 24, died at 10.40am today.

“She was treated for 10 days at the Intensive Care Unit of HSNZ. The death was caused by septicaemia shock and multi-organ failure,” he told reporters via WhatsApp.

It had been reported that 99 people in Terengganu were treated at HSNZ and other healthcare facilities for diarrhoea, vomiting and fever after consuming puding buih which they bought online on May 22.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s