257 students at a school in central Khanh Hoa Province were rushed to hospital after lunch after showing signs of food poisoning.
Following a Thursday lunch at Ischool, with over 900 students signing up for lunch, dozens of them began to show signs of stomachache, vomiting, diarrhea and fever, according to the Khanh Hoa Department of Health.
They were later rushed to multiple hospitals. As of Friday noon, five hospitals have received a total of 149 students. Their health is now stable.
The health department is still updating the data, and no final number of affected students has been made as some of them may not go to the hospital.
Pham Huu Binh, principal of the school which consists classes from first to 12th grades, said food samples of the lunch on Thursday have been sent to a medical center for analysis. The lunch consisted of rice, boiled chicken and sauces made from eggs and oil.