The Swedish Food Agency warns against the consumption of one batch of foreign dried black fungus due to salmonella, which Dai Phat imports and sells in its store. The company, in consultation with the Reykjavík Health Authority, has stopped sales and recalled the product.
The Swedish Food Agency received information about the recall through the RASFF European rapid alert system for food and feed.
The recall only applies to the following production batches:
- Brand: Nam Meo
- Product name: Black fungus
- Shelf life: Best before date: 10.10.2023
- Barcode: 8717624001321
- Net quantity: 100 g
- Country of manufacture: Vietnam
- Importer: Dai Phat Trading Inc ehf., Faxafeni 14, 108 Reykjavík.
- Distribution: Dai Phat Asian Supermarket, Faxafeni 14, 108 Reykjavík.
More information about Salmonella is available on the Food Agency’s website: https://www.mast.is/is/neytendur/matareitrun/salmonella .
Consumers who have purchased the product are advised not to consume it, dispose of it or return it to the Dai Phat store for a refund.