Forty students of Government Higher Primary School in Gollarahatti, in Chitradurga district, fell sick and 26 of them had to be hospitalised after eating the midday meal served at the school on Thursday afternoon.
Doddappa MC, headmaster of the school, said, “On Thursday afternoon I received calls from villagers and teachers who complained that students are falling unconscious and are vomiting. By the time I reached the school, some students had been admitted to the hospital. However, all students are okay.”
He added that food samples have been sent to the laboratory to ascertain if it was a case of food poisoning.