Matvælastofnun warns against consuming smoked salmon and smoked trout from Fisherman ehf. due to listeria found in two batches. The company has contacted Matvælastofnun, which supervises the company and informed them of the recall.
The recall only applies to the following batches:
- Brand: Fisherman
- Product name: Smoked trout 300g and smoked salmon 250g
- Manufacturer: Fisherman ehf.
- Country of production: Iceland
- Storage conditions: 0-4 ° C
- Batch number of smoked trout is 14138 and 14140 / best for dates: 17.05.22
- Distribution: Bonus, Net, Iceland, Hagkaup, Heimkaup, Melabúðin, Krambúðin and Kjörbúðin
- Batch number for smoked salmon is 14127 / best before 21.05.2022
- Distribution: Nettó, Iceland, Hagkaup, Heimkaup, Krambúðin and Kjörbúðin
In most healthy individuals, the consumption of listeria-contaminated foods does not cause disease. Risk groups are pregnant women, unborn and newborn children, the elderly and people with impaired immune systems. Group infections caused by listeria are rare, usually individual infections.
Consumers who have in their possession, in the refrigerator or freezer, packages with the above date are asked to contact the company at 4509000.