India – 16-year-old student dies of food poisoning in Kerala, 40 others hospitalised

The News Minute

A 16-year-old girl died and at least 40 other students were hospitalised on Sunday, May 1, due to suspected food poisoning from an eatery in Kerala’s Kasaragod. The girl, identified as Devananda of Karivellur in Kannur district, had eaten chicken shawarma on Friday from a food outlet called Ideal Food Point at Neeleswaram in Kasargod.

State Food and Civil Supplies Department, in a statement, said that the outlet, which was functioning without proper license from the department, has been sealed and the District Collector directed to conduct an investigation. State Health Minister Veena George has ordered a comprehensive inquiry into the incident.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s