UK – Bride ‘left unable to walk after contracting food poisoning’ on 5-star Egypt honeymoon

The Mirror

Shigella - kswfoodworld

Image CDC

 

Cristina Calafateanu, 24, now needs a walking frame to get about after a gastric bug she caught after staying at the Baron Palace Sahl Hasheesh in Hurghada, booked through Thomas Cook, caused her to develop arthritis.

Cristina Calafateanu says she and husband Liviu suffered diarrhoea and severe stomach cramps just three days into their week-long stay in Egypt.

When she returned to the UK she was diagnosed with bacterial infection Shigella – before medics told her the illness had triggered a form of arthritis.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s