UK – Brit girl, 19, spends 11 days in intensive care after being struck down with E. coli infection in same Egyptian resort couple died

The Sun ecoli

A TEEN girl spent 11 days in intensive care after being struck down with an E. coli infection at the same Egyptian resort a Brit couple died for the same illness.

Anna Doherty, 19, said she became ill after succumbing to an infection while staying at the Jasmine Palace Hotel in the resort of Hurghada.

It comes as it was revealed yesterday that John and Susan Cooper, from Burnley, died as a result of an E. coli infection while holidaying in the same resort.

Anna travelled to the Red Sea resort with her dad and sister in March 2018, and they stayed there for ten days.

Half way into their stay at the all-inclusive hotel, Anna recalled how she began to feel extremely unwell, suffering symptoms of vomiting and diarrhoea.

After visiting the on-site doctors’ clinic, Anna said she was told she had a water infection and was given an injection and antibiotics.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s