India – Three children die, 80 others hospitalised due to suspected food poisoning in Maharashtra village

The Hindu

A resident of Mhahad village near Khopoli in Raigad district had hosted a dinner during a ”vastu shanti” ceremony.

Three minors died and at least 80 have been hospitalised owing to suspected food poisoning during a ”vastu shanti” ceremony at Mhahad village near Khopoli city in Raigad district of Maharashtra.

Officials said the incident occurred on Monday around 9 p.m., when around 500 villagers were invited by Subhash Mane for dinner at a local temple on the occasion of him building a new house.

According to the Khalapur police, some children started complaining of nausea and vomiting after the first round of dinner was served. Later, after some adults too started complaining of the same. They were all taken to Parvati Hospital in Khopoli.

When the number of patients started increasing, the patients were shifted to Gandhi hospital in Panvel, MGM hospital in Kamothe and DY Patil in Nerul.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s