India – Maha: Six of family hospitalised due to suspected food poisoning

Outlook India

In a suspected food poisoning case, six members of a family, including a six-year old girl, fell ill after eating a food item made of ”bhagar” (barnyard millet) at a village in Jalna district of Maharashtra on Thursday, a district official said.

They have been admitted to hospitals, he said.

The affected family members reside at Antarwali Sarati village in Ambad tehsil. Apart from the minor girl, the victims – aged between 27 and 55 – ate the food item made of bhagar (which is generally consumed during fasting by Hindus) on the occasion of Navratri that began from Thursday. However, after that, they started suffering from dizziness and vomiting. They were taken to a local hospital, the official said.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s