Ukraine health officials report since the beginning of this year and as of August 1, 604 people, including 447 children, have been affected by outbreaks of intestinal infections. A total of 50 outbreaks were registered.
In July 2021 alone, 137 people fell ill, including 98 children. A total of 12 outbreaks of infectious diseases were recorded :
- 6 outbreaks of acute intestinal infections of unknown etiology, during which 71 people were sickened, including 54 children;
- 3 outbreaks of salmonellosis , 34 people were sickened, including 15 children;
- 2 outbreaks of rotavirus enteritis , 29 people were sickened, including 28 children;
- one outbreak of viral hepatitis A , 3 people were sickened, including 1 child;
- Epidemiological investigation and anti-epidemic measures are underway for 4 more outbreaks.
The largest number of outbreaks in July occurred in children’s health facilities and institutions with organized recreation for groups of children (33.3%) and in everyday life (25.0%). The remaining outbreaks occurred in children’s preschools (16.7%), catering establishments (16.7%) and in health care establishments (8.3%).