Salmonella has been detected in the following products:
- Tahina Alburj, 400g, production date 06/2020, best before date 11/2021.
- Tahina Alburj, 400g, production date 03/2020, best before date 08/2021.
- Halwa Alburj extra pistachio 800 g, production date 08/2020, best before date 01/20/2022.
- Halwa Alburj, 800 g, production date 08/2020, best before date 01/2022.
- Halwa Alburj, Pistachio 400 g, production date 07/2020, best before date 12/2021.
- Halwa Alburj, Extra Pistachio 400 g, production date 07/2020, best before date 06/2021.
- Tahina, Sedi Hisham, production date 11/02/2021, best before date 10/02/2022.
The measures are based on detected salmonella in samples taken at the food control.
What should consumers, restaurants and retailers do?
- Do not eat, sell or serve the affected products or foods that include these products, such as hummus. Even if some of the products have been eaten and no one got sick, do not eat them.
- Return all affected tahini or halwa products to the store or discard them.
- Contact the environmental and health protection office or equivalent in your municipality if you think you have become ill from eating the affected tahini or halwa products.