UK – Salmonella contributed to deaths linked to butchers

Food Safety News

A Salmonella infection contributed to the deaths of two people who were part of an outbreak in England in 2018, according to an inquest report.

Sandra Blake, 68, and Stewart Graham, 66, both ate pork from Chapman and Sons in early 2018. Sandra’s husband, Heath, aged 71, also fell ill with similar symptoms but survived. Tests confirmed all three had Salmonella infections.

The inquest heard that 28 people were affected and 23 were linked to the butchers in Blackhall Colliery, County Durham.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s