A salmonella outbreak linked to three bakeries in the northern suburbs has left nine people in hospital.
SA Health has confirmed 11 cases of salmonella have been reported after people ate Vietnamese rolls from three Angkor Bakery stores.
Deputy chief medical officer Dr Nicola Spurrier said that of those eleven people, nine were hospitalised due to the severity of the poisoning.
“SA Health authorised officers, in conjunction with local council Environmental Health Officers, have inspected stores at Springbank Plaza in Burton, Hollywood Plaza in
Salisbury Downs and Blakes Crossing in Blakeview,” Dr Spurrier.
“Food and environmental samples have been collected from all stores and results will assist in identifying the source of the contamination.
“Early investigations indicate the cases could be linked to raw egg butter, pate or BBQ pork ingredients.