The former owner of a North Somerset pub has been fined £14,000 after nearly 200 people fell ill after eating at his venue on Mother’s Day.
Hundreds of people ate a meal at The Old Farmhouse in Nailsea on March 11, 2018, but 186 fell ill with food poisoning after their visit.
In a letter to the court Mr Montgomery said: “I am truly sorry for the harm caused to our patrons.”
Mr Montogomery was fined £4,000 for failing to ensure the relevant food safety documentation was in place.
He was fined a further £10,000 for placing unsafe food on the market.
He was also ordered to pay the £4,765 costs of the investigation and a £170 victim surcharge.