Cambodia – Two South Korean students die of suspected food poisoning

Khmer Times

Medical doctors are seeking the cause of the death of two South Korean female students who died on Wednesday afternoon and Thursday morning over suspected food and water poisoning in Phnom Penh.

The victims in their 20 and 21 were among the 16 volunteer students and three professors from Konyang University who built facilities or products for rural people from Monday to January 19, according to an official at the South Korean embassy.

The official said that the victims and two more other friends were eating pizzas and drink beers at a foreign-owned restaurant in front of the hotel after having their dinner on Monday night.

“Except for the two, the students are known to have no health problems. The students explained that they had immunized against malaria, typhoid and tetanus before going to Cambodia,” the official said.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s