KIEV, Aug. 2 (Xinhua) — At least 70 people, including 10 children, were sickened by food poisoning in the Ukrainian capital after eating street snacks, a local food safety official said Thursday.
Oleg Ruban, head of the Kiev office of the State Service of Ukraine for Food Safety and Consumer Protection, told reporters that the incident marked the worst food poisoning case in Kiev in almost 10 years.
While speaking at the press conference, Ruban said 60 victims, some in severe condition, were hospitalized.
Those who fell ill were diagnosed with an acute enteric infection after eating doner kebab at four locations in different parts of the city, Ruban said.
The snack sellers responsible for the food poisoning have had their businesses suspended, he added.
The police have launched an investigation into the incident.