|Source of Information
||Rapid Alert System for Food and Feed (RASFF) of the European Commission
||A kind of raw milk cheese imported from France
|Product Name and Description
||Product name: Fromage AOP reblochon laitier au lait cru (Reblochon raw milk cheese AOP)
Place of origin: France
Manufacturer: FROMAGERIES CHABERT
Packing: 450g per pack
Lots: Lot numbers starting with 8CR
Sanitary mark: FR 74. 096. 050 CE – with red round casein
|Reason For Issuing Alert
- The Centre for Food Safety (CFS) received a notification from the RASFF that the above-mentioned product might have been contaminated with E. coli (O26) and is being recalled.
- According to information provided by the RASFF, a local importer, Silco International Limited, had imported some of the affected product into Hong Kong. The CFS immediately contacted the importer concerned for follow-up. The importer confirmed that it had imported 2.4 kilograms of the affected product and all had been distributed. It has initiated a recall according to the CFS’ advice.
|Action Taken by the Centre for Food Safety
- For the sake of prudence, the CFS has immediately suspended the import and sale in Hong Kong of the concerned product.
- The CFS has informed the French authorities concerned of the import suspension and will alert the trade to the incident. It will continue to closely monitor the incident and take appropriate follow-up action. Investigation is underway.
|Advice to the Trade
- Stop using or selling the product concerned immediately if they possess it.
|Advice to Consumers
- Not to consume the affected product if they have bought any.
- The CFS press release
- Enquiries about the recall can be made to the importer’s hotline at 2764 3632 during office hours.