India – Indore: 20 students fall ill due to food poisoning, many hospitalised

Hindustan Times

At least 20 female students staying in a hostel of a private university in Madhya Pradesh‘s Indore district fell ill due to alleged food poisoning, an official said on Monday. The students complained of vomiting, diarrhoea and abdominal pain late Sunday night, SAGE University registrar Manish Chowdhary told PTI.

The university management, however, has denied that the food prepared in the hostel’s canteen was contaminated. “Many students of our hostel had gone to the city during the day and might have returned after consuming food from outside. We have also found out that some students had non-vegetarian food cooked outside the hostel premises on Sunday,” Chaudhary said.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s