India – 13 students in Coimbatore fall ill after eating hostel food

India Today

13 children, living in a private school hostel, were rushed to a hospital on Monday night after suspected food poisoning in Lakshminaickenpalayam near Sulur in the Coimbatore district of Tamil Nadu.

All 13 boys were rushed to the Sulur government hospital after they complained of uneasiness, and some of them even fainted. On Monday evening, the boys consumed black channa (chickpeas), tea and juice.

Officials said that eight children were given IV drips and all of them were kept under observation overnight. The boys were sent back to the hostel on Tuesday.

According to officials, samples of the food consumed by the children have been collected by food safety department officials.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s