UK – More than 80 Brits got food poisoning from hotel with faeces in the pool

Metro

Dozens of British tourists have been handed compensation after falling ill on a ‘nightmare’ holiday.

Families were among 89 people who stayed at the all-inclusive Holiday Village on Lanzarote when they suffered from acute gastrointestinal infections, nausea, diarrhoea and cramps in summer 2019.

Representing some victims in a legal battle with Tui, barrister Charles Crow said: ‘Fresh food was added to older food, food appeared to be recycled/re-presented at later meals.

‘Maggots were reported in the milk, which was sometimes curdled. Food, restaurant and general hygiene standards were poor.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s