A shelter for people with disabilities in Holon has come under scrutiny after three of its residents died one after the other within the last couple of days, apparently as a result of food poisoning.
A special team sent to the Beit Dafna shelter by the Health Ministry found severe deficiencies in its kitchen, according to reports Monday, and has instructed the staff to shut down the kitchen completely until the investigation is completed.
A few residents began feeling ill during the night between Saturday and Sunday, with some suffering from diarrhea.
According to Ynet, some 30 residents were affected by the incident and suffered from diarrhea and vomiting. However, most of them presented mild symptoms.
Initial findings pointed to possible food poisoning, the Health Ministry stated, without providing further details.
According to a report by the Walla news site, a professional team from the Welfare and Social Affairs Ministry was also sent to the shelter in order to provide the staff with further assistance.
The team will remain at the facility until the Health Ministry completes its investigation, the report said.