A joyful party ended in a hospital visit for 34 guests due to food poisoning.
The party took place on January 21 at a water treatment plant in Snom Prampi Village, Mak Prang Commune, Teuk Chhou District, Kampot.
According to the authorities at around 6 p.m. there were reports of mass food poisoning. The party was reportedly hosted by the water treatment plant. After the report came to the authorities, those suffering were sent to the hospital to be treated. A total of 34 people ended up in the emergency room.
Authorities said that 26 of the victims were admitted to Kampot Provincial Referral Hospital and eight other people were sent to a private clinic for treatment. As of January 22, all victims have recovered.