A person died and nine others were taken ill reportedly due to food poisoning at Nuagaon village under Patana block of Keonjhar district on Tuesday night.
The victims complained of uneasiness after having their dinner, following which they were initially admitted to the District Headquarters Hospital and later shifted to the SCB Medical College Hospital in Cuttack. However, one of them died on the way to Cuttack. The deceased was identified as 22-year-old Manas Nayak of the village.
Sources said eight of the victims had been engaged in decoration work of a wedding ceremony in a family, which was scheduled to take place on Wednesday. Three members of the concerned family are also undergoing treatment at the hospital after consuming the food. Police started investigation into the matter.