|Source of Information
||Rapid Alert System for Food and Feed (RASFF) of the European Commission
||A kind of sausage imported from Italy
|Product Name and Description
||Product name: Mortadella Bologna IGP con pistacchio
Brand: Casa Modena
Place of origin: Italy
Importer: Angliss Hong Kong Food Service Ltd
Use-by date: November 28, 2018
|Reason For Issuing Alert
- The Centre for Food Safety (CFS) received a notification from the RASFF that the above-mentioned product might have been contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes and is being recalled. According to the information provided by the RASFF, a local importer, Angliss Hong Kong Food Service Ltd, had imported a small quantity of the affected product into Hong Kong.
|Action Taken by the Centre for Food Safety
- The CFS immediately contacted the importer concerned for follow-up. Preliminary investigation showed that the importer had imported 10.96 kilograms of the affected product and all of them were sold. The importer has initiated a recall according to the CFS’ advice.
- The CFS will alert the trade to the incident, and will continue to closely monitor the case and take appropriate follow-up action. Investigation is ongoing.
|Advice to the Trade
- Stop using or selling the product concerned immediately if they possess it.
|Advice to Consumers
- Not to consume the affected products if they have bought any.
||The CFS press release
Members of the public may call the hotline of the importer concerned at 2494 2128 during office hours for enquiries about the recall.