Cambodia – Food poisoning leaves fifty hospitalised

Phnom Penh Post

At least 50 people including 47 students at the Pongro Secondary School in Kampong Thom province’s Stoung district suffered food poisoning on Monday and were rushed to the hospital for emergency treatment.

A student, Na Srey Khuoch, 14, said she ate rice purchased from a stall owned by Eang Thavy, a teacher at the school in Kampong Chen Choeung commune, and became sick when she arrived home.

“I had a stomach ache and vomited,” she said, adding that she is recovering after receiving treatment at the hospital.

Commune police chief Kruoch Sophorn said the teacher who owned the stall and his deputy police chief Sen Pesith were among those who were treated at the hospital.

He said Pesith fell sick after drinking bottled water bought from another stall while sending students to the hospital.

He said before the incident, the victims had consumed pork rice, milk coffee and bottled water. They fell ill about an hour later.

He said they suffered stomach aches, nausea and diarrhoea, among other symptoms.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s