UK – Brit vomits BLOOD after being struck down by Mexican food poisoning bug that holiday giant Tui is accused of ‘covering up’ after hundreds of holidaymakers fall ill – Cyclospora

The Sun Cyclospora_LifeCycle201

A BRIT tourist repeatedly vomited blood after being struck down by a bug linked to food contaminated by human poo while on a luxury TUI holiday.

Chris Gillan was so weak he thought he would die and had to be stretchered from his room to hospital when he was was hit by parasite cyclospora in Mexico.

He is one of hundreds of holidaymakers now suing TUI amid claims the company is trying to cover up what it knew about the scale of the problem at the country’s Riviera Maya resort.

There have been outbreaks of the past four years and it has been claimed the cases that have come to court are the “tip of the iceberg”.

Chris said he spent nearly 18 hours being treated and had to have nine saline drips as he was so dehydrated from the crippling illness.

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s