Nizamabad: Nearly 50 students have taken ill due to food poisoning at Social Welfare Residential Degree College (SWRDC) Armoor.
Students started having motions and vomiting after consuming food in SWRDC college situated at Perkit village of Armoor mandal on Friday night. Some students started having problem from midnight and had vomitting and motions.
After coming to know about it, College Principal Anjaneyulu, vice-principal Venkateshwarlu, and caretaker Shruthi, reached the spot and sent the students to Armoor Government Hospital for treatment.
Doctors provided treatment to the students and said the situation was under control. Doctors said the incident took place due to contamination of food and consumption of iron tablets before eating food in the morning.