What You Need to Know
- Wash your hands with soap and running water for at least 20 seconds before, during, and after preparing food and before eating.
- Separate raw meats from ready-to-eat foods like vegetables when preparing, serving, or storing foods.
- Make sure food is cooked to a safe internal temperature.
- Keep hot foods hot (140°F or warmer) and cold foods cold (40°F or colder).
- Throw out perishable food that has been sitting at room temperature for more than 2 hours (more than 1 hour if it has been exposed to temperatures above 90°F).
Tackling a game day spread? Play by these rules and keep the runs on the field. Make sure your game day favorites are memorable for all the right reasons.