India – 97 people in MP contract food poisoning, diarrhea after eating golgappa at fair

India Today

Nearly 100 people fell sick after consuming ‘golgappas’ at a fair in Madhya Pradesh’s Mandla district on Saturday evening, May 28. The incident took place at Singarpur village in Mandla.

The number of people hospitalised was around 97, about 33 were children who were vomiting and had diarrhea. Some children also had fevers. A team of doctors started the treatment and by morning, everyone’s condition had returned to normal.

Mohgaon police station in-charge, SL Markam, said that the golgappa seller has been taken into custody and is being questioned.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s