|Source of Information
||Rapid Alert System for Food and Feed (RASFF) of the European Commission
||A kind of cheese imported from France
|Product Name and Description
||Product name: Brillat Savarin
Place of origin: France
Producer: Sarl ETS Beillevaire
Lot No.: 180140 and 1801579
Best-before dates: March 9, 2018, and March 11, 2018
|Reason For Issuing Alert
- The Centre for Food Safety (CFS) received a notification from the RASFF that the above-mentioned product might have been contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes and is being recalled. According to the information provided by the RASFF, a local importer, K-Element Limited, had imported some of the affected product into Hong Kong.
|Action Taken by the Centre for Food Safety
- The CFS immediately contacted the importer concerned for follow-up. The importer confirmed that it had imported about 4 kilograms of the affected product and all of them were distributed. It has initiated a recall according to the CFS’ advice.
- The CFS will alert the trade to the incident, and will continue to monitor the case and take appropriate follow-up action. Investigation is ongoing.
|Advice to the Trade
- Stop using or selling the product concerned immediately if they possess it.
|Advice to Consumers
- Stop consuming the affected product if they have bought any.
||The CFS press release
- Enquiries about the recall can be made to the importer’s hotline at 3106 4722 during office hours.