BAYAMBANG, Pangasinan, Philippines — Ninety-eight residents of Barangay Inirangan in this town were taken to a hospital for treatment on Friday due to food poisoning.
Municipal health officer Paz Vallo said 29 of the victims are children.
The victims reportedly experienced abdominal pain, itchiness and vomiting after eating galunggong or round scad and green mussels.
Samples of the food they ate were brought to the Bureau of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources (BFAR) for examination.
BFAR said shellfish gathered from the coastal waters of Bolinao remain positive for red tide toxin.