India – Two-year-old dead, several babies ill due to food poisoning at shelter home in Bengal’s Nadia

New Indian Express

RANAGHAT: A two-year-old baby died and seven others fell ill at a shelter home in West Bengal’s Nadia district on Monday allegedly due to food poisoning, officials said.

The incident happened at the shelter home in Ranaghat’s Rabindra Sarani area, District Magistrate Partha Ghosh said.

The shelter home is run by NGO State Adopted Agency and total 16 babies live there, he said.

However, sources said that the number of babies taken ill is more and the toll may rise as a few babies are critical.

They are undergoing treatment at the Ranaghat Anulia Hospital, Ghosh said.

The babies started falling ill after having food on Sunday night, officials said.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s