India – 23 hospitalised after food poisoning scare at wedding reception

Indian Express

TWENTY guests at a wedding reception in Bandra East were rushed to the hospital after suffering from food poisoning on Sunday night.

Between late Sunday to Monday afternoon, three children — Anas Shaikh (4), who is suffering from diarrhoea, Altamas Shaikh (10) and Saad Shaikh (12) — and eight women were admitted to V N Desai Hospital. The remaining nine guests were treated at the OPD and discharged.

While the eight women, along with Altamas and Saad, were discharged later in the day on Monday, Anas is still in the hospital. “Anas will remain under treatment for another day until the diarrhoea comes under control,” said Dr Rajeshree Jadhav, Medical Superintendent at VN Desai Hospital.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s