|Source of Information
||Rapid Alert System for Food and Feed (RASFF) of the European Commission
||A kind of cheese imported from France
|Product Name and Description
||Product name: Camembert de Normandie – Appelation d’origine protégée – au lait cru
Place of origin: France
Producer: Fromagerie du Plessis
Importer: FICO International Ltd
Packing: 250 grams per pack
Batch Code: 260218DS0
Use-by date: May 2, 2018
|Reason For Issuing Alert
- The Centre for Food Safety (CFS) received a notification from the Rapid Alert System for Food and Feed (RASFF) of the European Commission that the above-mentioned product was found to be positive for Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli (STEC) as well as containing a high Escherichia coli (E. coli) count and was being recalled. According to information provided by the RASFF, a local importer, FICO International Ltd, imported some of the affected product into Hong Kong.
|Action Taken by the Centre for Food Safety
- The CFS immediately contacted the importer concerned for follow-up. The importer confirmed that it had imported 4.75 kilograms of the affected product and all of it had been distributed. It has initiated a recall according to the CFS’ advice.
- The CFS will alert the trade to the incident, and will continue to monitor the case and take appropriate follow-up action.
|Advice to the Trade
- Stop using or selling the product concerned immediately if they possess it.
|Advice to Consumers
- Not to consume the affected product if they have bought any.
||The CFS press release
- Members of the public may call the importer’s hotline at 2850 4799 during office hours for enquiries.