Thailand – 600 Student Campers Poisoned by Krapao Gai

Khaoso

BANGKOK — Nearly two dozen students were hospitalized for severe food poisoning Tuesday after hundreds were sickened by meals served at a high school camp.

More than 600 high school students woke to nausea and diarrhea this morning at Satriwithaya School, where they had all dined on krapao gai the night before.

“Maybe the cafeteria stalls didn’t have the aptitude to prepare meals for a large number of people,” said Apeem Phupitak, a spokesman for the foundation which organized the event. “Maybe some food wasn’t cooked thoroughly, or it was stored at the wrong temperature.”

The food poisoning is being blamed on possibly undercooked chicken the students ate Monday night. Twenty-two students were taken to hospitals; four remained in hospital care as late Tuesday afternoon.

 

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s